8 Reasons Why Boxing Is The Best Workout You Haven’t Tried Yet
8 Reasons Why Boxing Is The Best Workout You Haven't Tried Yet
What is boxing?
Though it’s often thought of as a brutal sport, boxing is actually one of the best workouts you can do. It’s a full-body workout that gets your heart rate up and burns a ton of calories. And it’s great for stress relief.
The benefits of boxing
There are a lot of reasons why boxing is such a great workout. For one, it’s an excellent way to get your heart rate up and burn calories. According to Harvard Health, a 155-pound person can burn approximately cal/minute while boxing. That means you can burn upwards of 600 calories in just 30 minutes!
Not only does boxing help you lose weight, but it also tones your entire body. Boxing works all major muscle groups, including your arms, shoulders, legs, and core. As a result, you’ll not only look leaner and more toned, but you’ll also be stronger and have better coordination.
In addition to being a great workout, boxing is also a great stress reliever. If you’ve ever had a tough day at work or felt overwhelmed by life in general, hitting the punching bag can be extremely satisfying. Boxing allows you to release all of that built-up frustration and stress in a healthy way.
How to get started with boxing
If you’re looking for a great workout that will get you in shape and help you relieve stress, look no further than boxing. Here are some tips to get started.
1. Find a good gym. Look for a facility that offers both group classes and individual training. This way, you can learn the basics in a class setting and then get more personalized attention when you work one-on-one with a trainer.
2. Invest in good gear. You don’t need to spend a fortune, but make sure you have gloves, hand wraps, and other necessary equipment. Good quality gear will help you perform better and stay safe while you’re boxing.
3. Get in shape before you start boxing. Boxing is an intense workout, so it’s important to be in good physical condition before you start throwing punches. Hit the treadmill or hit the weights to build up your endurance and strength.
4. Start slow and work your way up. Boxing is not easy, so don’t expect to be a pro from the start. Start by attending group classes and focus on learning the proper techniques. Once you feel comfortable, start adding in some individual training sessions. And don’t forget to warm up and cool down properly before and after each workout!
The best boxing workouts
If you’re looking for a workout that will get your heart racing and help you build strength, boxing is the perfect activity for you. Here are some of the best boxing workouts to help you get started:
1. The jab-cross combo is one of the most basic, yet effective, combinations in boxing. It’s a great way to warm up and get your heart rate going.
2. The one-two punch is another classic combination that can be used to great effect in a workout. It’s a bit more advanced than the jab-cross, but still relatively simple to execute.
3. The uppercut is a powerful punch that can really pack a punch (pun intended). It’s often used as a finishing move in boxing matches, but it can also be used in workout routines to really get your heart rate up.
4. Boxing footwork is an important part of any boxing routine. Working on your footwork will not only make you better at boxing, but it will also give you a great cardio workout.
5. The shadowboxing drill is a great way to practice your punches and combinations without having to worry about hitting someone else. It’s also a great way to cool down after a more intense workout routine.
The equipment you need for boxing
If you’re looking to get into boxing, there’s some equipment you’ll need to get started. At the most basic level, all you need is a pair of boxing gloves, hand wraps, and a mouthguard. You might also want to consider getting a heavy bag or speed bag to practice at home, and some workout clothes that will help you stay cool and comfortable during your workouts.
Of course, if you’re planning on competing in boxing matches, there’s some additional equipment you’ll need to invest in. This includes things like headgear, shin guards, and groin protection for men. You’ll also need a good pair of boxing shoes that provide good traction and support.
But don’t worry – even if you’re just getting started in boxing, all of this equipment is relatively affordable. And once you have it, you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits that come with this great workout!
What to expect when you start boxing
When you first start boxing, you will probably be a little intimidated. But don’t worry! Here are some things to expect when you start this awesome workout:
1. You will be sore. Don’t worry, this is normal! Just make sure to warm up properly and stretch before and after your workout.
2. You will need some equipment. Boxing gloves, hand wraps, and mouthguards are all essential for a safe and enjoyable workout. Luckily, most gyms have all of this equipment available for rent or purchase.
3. You will learn proper form. This is important for both safety and effectiveness. A good coach or trainer can help you with this.
4. You will get a great workout! Boxing is an excellent way to get cardio and strength training at the same time. Plus, it’s just plain fun.
If you’re looking for a workout that will challenge your body and get you results, boxing is the way to go. With its mix of cardio and strength training, boxing is an effective workout for people of all fitness levels. And with so many benefits – from improved coordination to increased confidence – it’s no wonder why more and more people are giving boxing a try. So what are you waiting for? Get in the ring and see for yourself why boxing is the best workout around.